Cultural Pursuits coordinates alternative and customized travel in North East India. Our expertise includes village stays, hiking, trekking, documentary ground work, Journalist’s, research and national parks.
Cultural Pursuits has been offering customized trips in North East India for the past ten years. We have developed a reputation for unique travel. We are ready to do and try almost anything no matter how rigorous. If you can imagine it, we are likely able to do it, as long as it fits within our philosophy and goals in travel - based on established sustainable network standards.
Trips & Services:
Cultural Sightseeing or Cultural Experience:
Over the years Cultural Pursuits has travelled far and wide in North East India, experienced many amazing things, visited many amazing places and come in contact with many amazing people.
Cultural Pursuits is concentrating on our property outside of Shillong but will continue to offer customized trips, organized, based on mutual understanding between us and the client.
OFFERING COMING UP
You will find us in the Valley below The Mawphlang Sacred Forest, come and enjoy some time away from your busy life and enjoy some tranquility in a family friendly setting
'Why Travel if you want to feel like Home'
Cottages & Tents
Much of what Cultural Pursuits is doing now is based on a long term plan and belief in acting locally for positive change.
We will be mostly concentrating on our lodging and services from MaplePine Farm – Our small difference – where we would like travellers to feel comfortable but not like home, there is little reason to travel if you want it to feel like home.
Stays: Will be in Small individual cottages with small loft so families and comfortable come and stay for a few days. The initial phase will only be a few cottages, dining hall and kitchen, which will offer tents to accommodate more clients. This will give the chance to rough it a little yet be pampered also with a warm cozy dining hall to relax and visit in, as well as hot showers and indoor toilet.
Offering from MaplePine Farm: (to come)
1. First and foremost it will be a place to ‘get away from it all’ so to say. Forget about the stresses of city life. It is not for all, so those who come should be prepared for a different kind of experience.
2. We will offer specialized stays for groups in the area of fitness training and fitness achievement –from beginners to well trained. So arrange a group of friends who want to get into a healthy lifestyle – will provide training programs appropriate to the level of fitness and set long term goals for the future. You will be provided with simple healthy meals, daily training regimes and relaxation – massages (and eventually sauna and steam baths).
3. We will offer Leadership programs and Team building for small groups from any walk of life: including schools, companies, private sector and corporate sector. Offering unique style of leadership and team building programs for all.
4. We will offer treks and visits to surrounding areas: you can come and relax and visit one of the Largest Sacred Groves in the Khasi hills – making daily short hikes into the grove or onward on what is known as the David Scott Trail – an old British Horse trail built by Captain David Scott. You can do longer hikes and treks that will have overnight camping near rivers and other villages – to some of the toughest walking trails in the Khasi hills in an area called Khadar Shnong – deep valleys on the East side of the Shillong Cherrapunjee road. You can stay with us and relax going to local markets, visiting the Jakrem hotsprings (only about 30 – 40 km away) visiting waterfalls and scenic areas on a daily basis.
5. So call us and talk to us about any of the above choices and we will work something out – last but not least – come, stay in a cottage and just relax for a few days in a nice family atmosphere…..
Our contacts are:
c/o Cultural Pursuits – Hotel Alpine Continental
Thana Rd. Police Bazar, shillong 793001
Telephone: On the farm - +91 98560 41205
In Shillong and on the road: +91 94363 03978